By Mayo Clinic Workers
This recipe works by using egg substitute to lessen the fat, calories and cholesterol.
Quantity of servings
- 1/two cup all-goal (basic) flour
- 1 cup fat-free of charge milk
- 1 tablespoon trans fat-free of charge margarine
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup chopped smoked ham
- 1 compact onion, chopped
- 1 1/two cups shredded lessened-fat Swiss cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 cup fresh spinach, chopped, plus spinach leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a jellyroll pan (fifteen 1/two inches by 10 1/two inches) with aluminum foil. Coat generously with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, incorporate the flour, milk, margarine and egg substitute. Stir until eventually effectively blended. Pour the flour combination into the jellyroll pan and sprinkle with ham and onion.
Bake until eventually eggs are established, about fifteen minutes. Quickly sprinkle with cheese and spinach. Roll up, starting at narrow stop and employing foil to lift and roll the omelet. Slash into 6 equal slices, each and every about two 1/two inches very long.
Arrange added spinach leaves on serving plate. Add the omelet and provide quickly.
Nutritional examination for every serving
Serving measurement: two 1/two-inch slice
- Calories 209
- Total fat nine g
- Saturated fat four g
- Trans fat Trace
- Monounsaturated fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 31 mg
- Sodium 458 mg
- Total carbohydrate thirteen g
- Nutritional fiber 1 mg
- Extra sugars g
- Protein 19 g
- Starches 1/two
- Nonstarchy vegetables 1/two
- Meat and meat substitutes two
- Greens 1/two
- Dairy foods (low-fat or fat-free of charge) 1
- Meats, poultry and fish 1
Sept. fourteen, 2021